Tuesday, July 04, 2006

6-30-06: a fun and wonderful day!!

Oh, boy, did we have fun. We started out here: Chat 'n Chew, 10 East 16th Street, 212-243-1616 www.chatnchewnyc.com
adorably decorated + great music playing (Springsteen, Grateful Dead for example) + delicious food + cheap, friendly place

Then we walked around here, which was fantastic. Oh, I wish I could have bought stuff. The garlic and onions, I've never seen anything like it: http://www.unionsquarejournal.com/greenmarket.htm

Then we went to Pearl River Mart to shop and hopefully buy myself an emergency pair of Chinese slippers since my feet were killing me!!
Pearl River Mart, www.pearlriver.com, 477 Broadway (near Broome St.)


The smile on my face is possible ONLY because of my little blue Chinese satin slippers that I spent many hours pounding the pavement in. Relief!!

Then we went to TKTS and got tickets for Alter Boyz. We all loved it! Abraham was my favorite of the boyz but the others were truthfully just as good. It was a HOOT. Definitely if you see it on the board at the TKTS booth, GRAB THEM!!



And then we had dinner at Zen Palate. It was delicious and wonderful food. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Zen Palate, 663 Ninth Ave., (corner of 46th) NYC 212-582-1669 http://www.zenpalate.com/

The day started at 11 a.m. and ended at about 11:30 p.m. A most splendid time was had by all.
We laughed, yakked, and laughed more. It was a total wonderful blast. We look pretty damn chipper at 10 p.m. here at Zen Palate, huh? Well, we were and that's because it was such a great and fun day for all of us. Posted by Picasa Steve (my junior high school buddy) is the greatest thing since sliced bread with a fantastic sense of humor and warm heart. Miles, as I said in the Santa Monica post, is a riot, a smart-ass like you wouldn't believe and fun fun fun. I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE ANOTHER PLAY DATE WITH YOU GUYS!!!!!

No comments: